Please see details of our current vacancies below.
If you would like to apply for any of these positions please download and complete our APPLICATION FORM or VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post FAO Zoe Tatham 13-15 Hazelwood Road, Northampton, NN1 1LG
Please note, NDAS is committed to safeguarding and many of our roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmation of appointment. You can view our Safer Recruitment Policy here
Our students placements are organised directly with the University Of Northampton. We do not have capacity to accept any more students on placements. Please be aware that if you email us regarding this you may not receive a reply due to the number of enquiries that we receive.
We are looking for an Advice Worker to provide advice and support to clients affected by domestic abuse. This role will initially be for 2 years but we hope funding will allow us to extend this role further.
- 2 years’ experience working with vulnerable families and children
- Clear understanding and awareness of domestic abuse and the impact on victims
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Full Driving licence and own car
Purpose of Post:
- Delivering legal information and advice to victims of domestic violence and abuse via the telephone and drop in service.
- Receiving referrals for the county’s refuge accommodation.
- Maintaining an accurate computerised database of essential information related to the profile of service users.
- To work with Northamptonshire Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) to assess and discuss with families/individuals, safety plans/interventions they can access.
- To be the designated worker who MASH staff will go to for advice.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Providing information and advice to victims of domestic abuse by telephone and face to face, at the Advice Centre.
- Liaising regularly with other refuge providers regarding referrals and up to date capacity
- Maintaining quality assurance and other records in the required manner in accordance with accreditation requirements.
- Ensure that legal advice and information is available to service users and the organisation’s staff and is delivered and recorded at all times in accordance with the requirements of the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the appropriate retention and renewal of professional knowledge required to fulfil the role.
- Implementation of the organisation’s policies and procedures in relation to information and advice services offered by the organisation.
- Responsible for the assessment of refuge referrals, ensuring accurate data is captured and recorded on the case management computer database.
- Provide appropriate information about the organisation, and domestic violence, and abuse for displays and events involving the general public and for conferences.
- Participate in the provision of external and internal training, giving talks to external audiences and groups of service users when required.
Full time role (35 hours per week Mon-Friday)
£22,393.45 per annum
To apply please download application form. Your supporting statement should provide evidence as to your suitability for the role using the Person Specification. Please email completed form to email@example.com
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CLOSING DATE 24th JANUARY 2020
We have no current volunteer vacancies
Charity number: 1070741, Company Number: 2978532
Registered address: 13-15 Hazelwood Rd
Northampton, NN1 1LG