Please see details of our current vacancies below.
If you would like to apply for any of these positions please download and complete our APPLICATION FORM or VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM and email to email@example.com or via post FAO Zoe Tatham, Keep House, 124 High Street, Wollaston, NN29 7RJ
All applicants will also be required to complete our Equality and Diversity monitoring form.
Please note, NDAS is committed to safeguarding and many of our roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmation of appointment. You can view our Safer Recruitment Policy here
Our students placements are organised directly with the University Of Northampton. We do not have capacity to accept any more students on placements. Please be aware that if you email us regarding this you may not receive a reply due to the number of enquiries that we receive.
Refuge Support Worker (Out of Hours)
Northampton. £11.33 per hour
NDAS provides refuge to victims of domestic abuse. One of our Northampton based refuges also accepts women who are also living with the effects of addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. This refuge is operated 24 hours and this role is to cover hours outside “office hours”.
We have a number of different shifts available and would welcome applicants who would like to work a combination of these. Each shift that is chosen will need to be worked every week. Staff would need to work a minimum of 16 hours per week. This would initially be on a contract until April 2022 but may be extended dependant on funding.
- Evenings/overnights: 4.30pm to 8am (sleep in rate midnight to 8am is half the hourly rate)
- Weekend days 8am to 4.30pm
Essential candidate criteria includes:
- 2 years’ experience of working in a supportive role with vulnerable families and/or children, or equivalent
- Clear understanding and awareness of domestic abuse and the impact on victims
- Clear understanding of alcohol and drug addiction issues
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Current driving licence and access to vehicle.
Purpose of Post:
- To work as part of the team to ensure the effective running of the refuge, and providing appropriate support to service users who have substance/alcohol misuse issues.
- Delivering advice and information related to domestic abuse.
- Undertaking telephone assessments of applicants for the organisations refuge accommodation, outreach and groups work.
- Maintaining computerised database of essential information related to the profile of clients.
- To be responsible for delivering individual support plans, to service users enabling them to make informed decisions about their future through the key work system.
- Supporting clients to move on to appropriate accommodation when suitable.
- Offer advice and support to all NDAS refuge residents outside working hours.
- Liaise with partnership agencies around substance misuse and recovery for individual clients.
*The post is subject to an enhanced DBS (CRB) check and open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
Please note, we will be interviewing on a rolling basis until the shifts are all covered.
We have no current vacancies
Charity number: 1070741, Company Number: 2978532