Please see details of our current vacancies below.
If you would like to apply for any of these positions please download and complete our APPLICATION FORM or VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM and email to email@example.com or via post FAO Zoe Tatham 13-15 Hazelwood Road, Northampton, NN1 1LG
Please note, NDAS is committed to safeguarding and many of our roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmation of appointment. You can view our Safer Recruitment Policy here
Our students placements are organised directly with the University Of Northampton. We do not have capacity to accept any more students on placements. Please be aware that if you email us regarding this you may not receive a reply due to the number of enquiries that we receive.
Relief Support Worker
Purpose of Post:
To work as part of the team to ensure the effective running of the refuge, and providing appropriate support to service users who have substance/alcohol misuse issues. The successful candidate will need to be flexible in covering day, evening, nights and weekends. There are no guaranteed hours as this role is designed to cover existing staff members annual leave.
NB Due to the nature of the role this is open to female applicants only
These are the shifts that will need to be covered as and when required
- Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm
- Monday – Thursday 4.30pm -8.00am (Sleep in)
- Friday 4.30pm – 10.00am (Sleep in)
- Saturday 10.00am – 8.00pm (Day Shift)
- Saturday 8.00pm – 10.00am (Night Shift)
- Sunday 10.00am – 8.00pm (Day Shift)
- Sunday 8.00pm – 10.00am (Night Shift)
Main areas of responsibility:
To share responsibility with the day staff team for the evening, weekend and overnight operations of the refuge and welfare of service users, dealing with issues as and when they arise and working on own initiative.
To work with individual service users to provide encouragement and support and comply with substance/alcohol reduction treatment. Discuss any concerns/information with Team Leader for further support.
To work with other staff and service users to ensure the efficient and effective running of the refuge and undertake the following duties as necessary:
- Attend hand-over meetings with staff from the previous and next shift.
- Maintaining health and safety standards.
- Repair or arranging for the repair of buildings, furniture and fittings if safety is an issue.
- Maintaining security of the refuge and service users.
- Ensure refuge is kept clean.
- Ensure the service users comply with the rules and regulations within refuge.
- Administration – answer telephone, record all appropriate messages and maintain necessary systems.
- Deal with out of hours advice queries.
Whenever necessary follow the admission or eviction procedure.
- Ensure all confidential information in any form is kept secure at all times including the safe storage of computer equipment provided in line with the organisations Acceptable Use of Laptops Policy (if relevant).
- Adhere to and be aware of personal responsibilities with regard to data protection, information sharing and protocols.
- Ensure equal opportunity procedures are adhered to at all times, being aware of the potential for discrimination, harassment and to work positively to challenge any such actions.
- Adhere to the LSCBN safeguarding procedures as referred to in NWA’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- Recognise and work with diversity in regard to race, religion and belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.
- Ensure personal safety, in line with the organisations Lone Working and Mobile Phone Policies and Procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings as requested.
- Attend all training as directed.
- Attend all supervision and Individual Performance and Development Review (IPDR) meetings as requested.
- To ensure all other organisational policies and procedures are read and understood as dictated.
- To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably expected in this post
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.65 /hour
We have no current volunteer vacancies
Charity number: 1070741, Company Number: 2978532
Registered address: 13-15 Hazelwood Rd
Northampton, NN1 1LG